Thursday, February 09, 2006

Vacation Plans & Κρητικό Κοπανέλλι



Καλημέρα!

It is winter here, cloudy, raining and mild during the day but cold at night. I am very busy with work but also with other things that I need to do and never have time. The big project was finding barrels for transplanting my boukamvilias. It took me two weeks of research but I found them! Now I need to arrange to get soil. I will transplant them next Sunday morning!

I am leaving tomorrow for the next trip: Athens for the weekend, Paris on Monday and Tuesday, Vienna on Wednesday and back on Thursday or Friday. Then two days here in Nicosia and away again, this time to England, Maybe France or Germany and then Russia!!!

I feel tired and need to think about vacation. Would you like to make one of the trips we have been talking about? How about Crete or Portugal?

Well, speaking of Crete, here are two pictures of the famous Κρητικό κοπανέλλι (kritiko' kopane'li), the Cretan bobbin lace. This is the next technique I plan to learn. It resembles very much Brussels lace. The mother of a friend knows it very well and I can go to take lessons. The only problem is that she is in Athens!



No comments: