Saturday, September 09, 2006

Limonata or Lemonada...~Ç

As a result of great teamwork, this holy lemonade is ready to drink...

Mum and me: squeezing the lemons, peeling, and making the mint-ice cubes
Şerife:adjusting the sugar
Tijen: taking the pictures
Ayser Hn: sponsoring with the garden...
And the oscar goes to you: for the recipe!

Whole-summer lemonade:

Ingredients: 2.5 kilos of lemon + 1/2 kg sugar ( for the ones who liked more sugarful may add more)+ 2-3 small mint bunches...

  • Wash and squeeze the lemons and grate 2-3 lemons to add lemon zest.
  • Add the juice (and any pulp that goes through stainer) into a pan and the lemon zest.
  • Add the sugar in the pan and heat the lemonade in low to medium fire. Stir continuosly, till the sugar dissolves.
  • The lemonade should not come to the boiling point. Turn it off when all sugar is dissolved and it startes to steam.
  • Leave it to cool completely. Put in a jar with 2-3 mint bunches and keep in refrigerator.
  • Use it diluted with water upon your taste.
  • Make ice cubes with mint leaves, serve and drink :) Afiyet olsun...

1 comment:

Çiğdem & Κατερίνα said...

Hi! It's me from Moscow!

I am VERY VERY touched with the posting! I hope you enjoyed the lemonade...

I can't post for the moment, as I don't have easy access to internet.

I don't have your email address with me, so I thought of trying to communicate through our Arakhne!

My kisses to everyone!